Saturday, November 11, 2006

Life with kiddies

At Phil's blog:

Here are a few things my 8-year-old son was told today:

"Go back to the bathroom and wash your hands!"

"Put away your toys!"

"You need to eat your salad because it's good for you."

"You should put on a jacket so you don't catch cold."

And who was nagging him all day?

His 5-year-old sister. She's going to be a great mother.

* * * * *


At Kris' blog:

John: You know what I want for breakfast, Mama? I want to make something from that book. Let's make something for breakfast, Mama! Where's the Dr. Seuss cookbook?

Me: Hmph grmbl leftover Blueberry Bumpkins ... coffee ...

John: Mom! I can't do it by myself! I don't know how to do the ingredients. Where's the [Dr. Seuss] cookbook? Where is it?! Mom!

* * * * *


At Jules' blog:

Needing your thoughts moms. The boy did something today which I cannot explain. While chowing down on his lunch of nuggets, chips and raisins he actually bit his finger. The finger is fine now, but this evening LoveBug (almost five years-old) told us that his tooth hurts. He said it started to feel sore after he bit his finger. It is his top front tooth. He says it only hurts when he bites something. When he isn't biting something he says it feels fine.

So, what on earth do I do moms? Will the sore feeling pass? I can't imagine that he actually damaged the tooth biting his own finger.

Update on the Tooth: I phoned the pediatric dentist this morning, just to be sure. Dr. David assured me that it's nothing serious and is much like a bruise. He said it will be fine in 24-48 hours. He said it's not uncommon for kids to do this sort of thing and biting Legos is the most common occurrence. Who knew?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...