Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Keeping mum for a day


The Annual Students' Day of Silent Solidarity -- now on its 3rd year and which is an initiative of Stand True Ministries -- is set for Oct. 24, Tuesday. You'll never know what being quiet for a whole day can accomplish when it's done for a cause, such as to pay tribute to the millions of voiceless who never saw the light of day.

From the 2005 Day of Silent Solidarity, in which students from some 1,200 campuses took part --


A white paper sign I taped to my black shirt read, "I AM SILENT TODAY IN MEMORY OF THE UNBORN BABIES WHO LOST THEIR LIVES BEFORE THEY EVER HAD A VOICE. My mother chose life, and now I'm here. Please pray for others who must make the choice.
Here are some reactions people had when they found out what I was doing:

"I don't believe in picketing abortion clinics, but that silence thing is a good idea. It's like a fast."

"Wow."

"Are you the only one doing it, or are there more?"

*understanding smile and nod*

"Aww... and now I forgot what you ordered 'cause I was reading your shirt..."
(lunch lady)


Read more from last year's post

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...