No amount of imagery will accurately paint the conditions that families displaced by Ondoy (international codename: "Ketsana") have been under and will continue to experience. So I'm posting just a few photos; it shouldn't make a difference whether one sees 2 or 200 pictures illustrating the extent of the damage to people and property. These are our brothers and sisters and they need our help.
Please remember to pray for my people more -- for the displaced victims, for those who have suffered loss of lives of family members and/or loss of their houses and other belongings, and for the aid workers and volunteers who are working away to serve the victims of this calamity.
You may help materially by sending your donations directly to the Philippine National Red Cross, which can now be done via PayPal -- http://www.redcross.org.ph/
The following information on more donation options is courtesy of Moon Girl --
Donate through your community
There might be people in your community gathering relief goods and donations. Find them and go.
- Australia (Melbourne): Drop-off donations near the Melbourne CBD through Coco Quizon’s residence @ 8 Vale St., North Melbourne. You can contact Coco through 0458603723
- Australia (Sydney): Deliver donations to 303/5 Stromboli Strait, Homebush Bay 2127. message twitter.com/allorange for questions
- Australia: http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/1100222/Philippines-floods:-How-you-can-help
- Australia: Filipino students in Australia are also helping out by collecting 5-dollar pledges. Contact Coco Quizon 0458603723 (Melbourne), Aiya Buendia 0437 967 259 (Sydney) and Michelle Leonardo firstname.lastname@example.org (Canberra)
- Australia: PAL shipping donations from Australia Free Of Charge! Sydney Delivery point for donations in kind: Revesby Press 3/50 George Street Granville. Ph:9760 0933. Urgently seeking donations of clothes, blankets, canned goods, medical supplies. Please segregate clothing according to: infants, girls, boys, women, men, shoes! Please call 0414-736-231.
- Austria: Cash: message Charmaine Taus (email@example.com). she’s having a benefit concert on October 22! concert details to follow.
- Belgium: For those based in Belgium they can contact Shiera Catalan at +32485328811 if they want to donate goods for typhoon relief
- California (Burlingame): MANILA BOX USA is now accepting donations in kind & will provide FREE shipping to Manila. Items will be sent by Sea Cargo and will delivered to the Whitespace Relief Center/Mar Roxas Headquarters in Cubao. Please drop them off at their warehouse: 361 Beach Road Burlingame , CA 94010 or call (650)342-2858. Please pack them in boxes for easier handling. Business hours Mon-Fri 9am-6pm
- California (Carson/Hermosa Beach): We are collecting donations to send to flood victims in Manila. Our goal is to fill up a 40ft container in one week with new or used clothing,shoes, blankets,medicines,canned food items, etc. Dropoff Location : 205 West Torrance Blvd, Carson, CA 90745. We will be setting up a booth on Oct 3, 2009 at the Substance event in Hermosa Beach CA. THANK YOU and God Bless Manila. TWITTER (Socal4Ondoy)
- California (Cerritos): Our house is temp drop off point while we find a bigger venue. We’ll facilitate immediate shipment to Manila. Thank you in advance for your help. Pls pass. Dino & Jan Home:16622 Amberwood Way Cerritos, CA 90703; (562)404-0625
- California (Hayward): Fil-Am Invitational BasketballLeague(FIBL) will send out relief goods in the philippines for the victims of the floods cause by typhoon ondoy…. if you want to make a donation clothing,canned goods or money please bring it on sunday 10/04/09 @ el rancho gym 541 blanche st. hayward ca. from 2:00 – 6:00pm please visit our website for direction
- California (Daly City): Please contact Ryan Leano (626)534-4971. Liwanag Cultural Center, Hillside Park Clubhouse, 222 Lausanne Ave., Daly City, CA 94014.
- California (LA): Relief goods accepted in LA! ANSWER ofc, 137 Virgil St, Rm 203, Los Angeles, CA
- California (LA): TULONG SA PILIPINAS (STP): Accepting donations cash or check. Send to People’s CORE, 1610 Beverly Blvd. Suite No 2, Los Angeles, Ca 90026. Donations more than $50 is tax deductible. Material donations drop off ( donations; shoes, clothes, canned goods. medicines etc. ) at ANSWER LA office at 137 Virgil St. Room 203 , Los Angeles, CA 900042.
- California (LA): Manila Forwarder will provide free balikbayan box shipment to Philippine National Red Cross, churches, and other government agencies directly responsible with relief operations. Please drop off the relief goods at: Manila Forwarder Headquarters, 4249 Eagle Rock Blvd Los Angeles, CA 90065, 1.800.210.1019323.478.1599
- California (Oakland): Please contact Ryan Leano (626)534-4971. Asian Pacific Islander Youth Promoting Advocacy & Leadership. Attn: Armael Malinis, AnakBayan-East Bay. 310 8th Street, Suite 215. Oakland, CA 94710
- California (San Diego): Alas Cargo 3126 E Plaza Blvd National City, CA 91950 (619) 470-1023; Eastern Express 8965 Mira Mesa Blvd (858) 578-8567
- California (San Francisco): Stanford’s Pilipino American Student Union (PASU) is also collecting donations to be sent to the Philippines to help victims of Typhoon Ondoy (international name Ketsana). If you would like to make a donation, please contact AV David at firstname.lastname@example.org or (650) 491-4561.
- California (San Francisco): http://naffaar8.com/typhoon-ondoy-ketsana-disaster-relief-efforts-in-san-francisco-ca/
- California (San Francisco): Manila Forwarder will provide free balikbayan box shipment to Philippine National Red Cross, churches, and other government agencies directly responsible with relief operations. Please drop off the relief goods at: Manila Forwarder Northern California, 5750 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA 94112. Tel: 510-750-3036 / Tel: 209-3499576 / Tel: 415-239-9576
- California (West Covina): Bamboo Bistro, 1559 E Amar Rd, West Covina, CA 91792. (626) 810-6131
- Canada: http://byncan.wordpress.com/2009/09/28/bayan-canada-appeals-for-help-for-typhoon-ondoy-victims/
- Canada (Montreal): http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/Local+Filipinos+mobilizing+help+flood+victims/2041585/story.html
- Canada (Toronto): Filipinos and Friends in Toronto, here’s how to help the victims of Typhoon Ondoy (intl name Ketsana): http://pidctoronto.com/projects/typhoon also see: http://bit.ly/28PDXf Thank You!
- Canada (Vancouver): Just wanted to give you information about drop off points here in Vancouver, BC Canada: Multicultural Helping House, E32nd Ave. And Fraser. Or Goldilocks Bakeshop, E11th st. And Main.
- Germany: Contact Denise Matias at email@example.com or +63917-4280966 (text only, no calls).
- Hong Kong: Filipinos in HONG KONG… Here’s how you can help: Ateneo Almuni Association HK is calling for donations to support relief efforts for the victims of Typhoon Ketsana (Ondoy) in the Philippines. Contact: Mike Reyes at +852.67131869
- Hong Kong: Volunteers are requested to come to St Joseph’s Church in Central on Garden road, Hong Kong, tomorrow, Oct 1, 10AM to help pack the relief goods collected by various organizations for the victims of Typhoon Ondoy.
- Illinois: Contact Raymond Maximo of Northern Illinois University – firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Japan: Japan Red Cross: http://www.jrc.or.jp/english/index.html. They’re acception donations from September 30 until October 30. More info: http://www.jrc.or.jp/kokusai/news/l4/Vcms4_00001289.html
- Japan (Tsukuba): You may get in touch with the Filipino Association of Scholars in Tsukuba, Japan also known as FAST thru fast99[at]yahoogroups[dot]com. I heard they are organizing a donation drive too. Just in case you are nearby Tsukuba area.
- Japan (Tokyo): Philippine National Bank Tokyo – DONATION Remittance charge is FREE: 1) GMA KAPUSO FOUNDATION: PESO – 121003200017, DOLLAR – 121003200025; 2) CARITAS MANILA: USD – 1085-6660-0025; 3) PHILIPPINE NATIONAL RED CROSS: PESO – 3623-3680-0011
- Kuwait: Kuwait Drop-Off Points for Donations for Typoon Ondoy/Ketsana calamity – you can send them at RAMTRON International, UTC Bldg, Kuwait City. Tel : (+965) 22413304 or (+965) 66671624. Look for Mr. Roylan A. Buenaflor. Donations are also accepted at the Intl Committee of the Red Cross – Kuwait Chapter @ Block 5, Street 3, House # 32, Kuwait. Tel : (+965) 25322061.
- London: Cash: Acct. Name: P. A. Cortez / Acct. Num.: 58099901 / Bank: HSBC UK / Sort Code: 400500
- Malaysia: For those in Malaysia, LBC is accepting donations in cash and kind. Their numbers are: 2026-8536 / 2070-0557. The office I know is at Kota Raya in KL.
- Malaysia (KL): Pauline Warneck is gathering donations for Ondoy to be sent by Fri c/o CebPac. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Netherlands: Donate (bank transfer) to: NFS – Nederlands-Filippijnse Solidariteitsbeweging (’Dutch-Filipino Solidarity Movement). Location: Leiden. Postgiro: 8118425. Subject: Support for flood victims / “Steun aan slachtoffers van grote overstroming”
- Netherlands: Friends in the Netherlands can start sending donations in kind for victims of Typhoon Ondoy! Thanks to Balikbayan Europe Contact Erliza Apero (0617925369)
- New Jersey: Sinugba Cafe – 561 Westside Ave. Jersey City, NJ 07304; or Casa Victoria – 691 Newark Ave. Jersey City, NJ 07306-2803 You can send CASH through Metro Bank acct. 3 189 14540 1 For BAYAN’s “BALSA” (Bayanihan Alay sa Sambayanan). For donations in New Jersey please contact: (201)621-3156-Yves Nibungco or (917)476-7855- Nick Cordero
- New Jersey (Central): We are organizing a donation group for ondoy…we got drop offs to be put up by tomorrow afternoon or morning (9/30) ……contact me at 908-644-9889 or email me at email@example.com, or ym ray_snoop_doggy02
- New York: Ondoy New York Disaster Relief drop off center @ Pandayan Center, 406 W 40th St. Between 9th and 10th Aves. New York, NY 10018 or call 212.564.6057.
- New York: NAFCON (Nat’l Alliance for Filipino Concerns)/SANDIWA Nat’l Alliance of Fil-Am Youth are now receiving relief donations (clothes, blankets, medical supplies, monetary). NY drop-off @ BAYANIHAN Filipino Community Center, 40-21 69th St. Woodside, NY 11377. Call (516)901-1832 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to help.
- New Zealand: For people donating from New Zealand go to: http://www.tearfund.org.nz or phone 0800 800 777
- Oregon: Cash: message Welo Chuidian Rivera (email@example.com), or check out her note: http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=143295770052
- Oregon (Portland): Kindly forward all Portland, Oregon inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org and link http://oregon4ondoy.blogspot.com
- Qatar: Meet noli perez dq ramada parking 6:30 today 9/29 for ondoy donations, call him 5642942.
- Saudi Arabia (Eastern Province): Please collate your donations and bring to Al-Ettifaq Club gymnasium, Sports City Dammam this coming Friday, 2 October 2009.
- Singapore: Drop-off point for donations is Afreight Cargo, #03-09 Lucky Plaza, Orchard Rd. Contact Maureen Schepers 6235-1011. Get more information here: http://www.pinoysg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=664644#664644
- South Korea: For the Filipinos and concerned citizens in South Korea: Pease support PIKO (Pinoy Iskolars sa Korea) fund-raising campaign for the Ondoy flood victims in the Philippines. Let us all help by donating to KOOKMIN BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER (498101-01-232756). Your help counts!
- Spain (Madrid): For those in Madrid – starting tomorrow (9/30), you can bring your donations to the Philippine Embassy on c/ Eresma, 2 (Metro: Republica Argentina L6). They will accept food, clothes, blankets and other relief goods.
- Spain: More pick up points around Spain: LBC in Madrid, Malaga and Barcelona. Addesses listed on this website – http://www.lbcexpress.com/web/spain/branchfinder.aspx
- Thailand (Bangkok): The Philippine Embassy will be receiving only donations in kind (ie., used clothing, shoes, blankets, and the like, and canned goods) …anytime between 9am-5pm until Fri. For queries, please contact the Philippine Embassy at (02) 259-0139 up to 40 or (08) 992-65954, or at email@example.com.
- Texas (Houston): http://www.htownsneakersummit.com/typhoon-ondoy-relief/
- Texas: Manila Forwarder will provide free balikbayan box shipment to Philippine National Red Cross, churches, and other government agencies directly responsible with relief operations. Please drop off the relief goods at: Pinoy Kargo Manila Forwarder 2 Honor Oaks Court,The Woodlands, TX. 77382832.768.0277832.744.2078. http://manilaforwarder.com
- UAE (Dubai): Lingap Kapwa – Ondoy Victims: We need to unite once again to help our Kabayans back in the Philippines that were badly affected by typhoon Ondoy. Current requirement: Clothings, Food, Money. Please get in touch with Pres. Jo (050-7456452 firstname.lastname@example.org). 3 Drop Off Points for the donations: West Zone Supermarket (Karama, Satwa and Deira)
- United Kingdom: Visit the OXFAM website
- Washington, DC: Donations can be dropped off at the Forex office: 5222 Eisenhower Ave Alexandria, VA. (703) 823-1508. Philippine Red Cross is requesting for canned goods since there is not enough food.
- Washington, DC: Fundraiser by Filipino Young Professionals: “Overcoming Ondoy: A “Happy” Hour to Help” – (A fundraiser for Typhoon Ondoy/Ketsana victims). When: Thursday, October 1, 2009, 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Where: Skye Lounge, 19 & I Street, NW, Washington, DC
- Washington, DC: The AAAA-Washington DC Chapter has set up a collection for funds to help the victims of Ondoy. I will be accepting checks made out to: Religious of the Assumption North American Province. Please send me an e…mail (email@example.com) to get my mailing address. Also please let me know if you would like a letter of acknowledgment for tax purposes. “Because I love, I serve!”
- Washington, DC: FOREX in Washington, DC will be taking your donations at no cargo cost to the Philippine Red Cross and to the relief center in Ateneo in Loyola Heights. A container will be leaving in a few days. The drop off center is located at: 1717 K Street, NW, Suite 600, Washington, DC 20036. Call 800-883-6739.
Addendum: I wish I had come across this information days ago! On the other hand, better late than never. Here's where to buy items in bulk and come out spending less (thanks to Weewee for posting the link on Facebook):
From Bury me in this dress --
Where to buy bulk items for donation
Groceries are running out of relief goods because of the generosity of so many Filipinos so I’m compiling a list of where to buy relief items in bulk . A couple pesos saved might be enough for another survival package.
- Viva and Wilkins Mineral Water – contact Arnel Ereso at 0917-8148998
- SMC Mineral Water – contact Bau Bautista 0922-8497001
- Mega Sardines (easy to open pack) – contact Jean Tiu Lim at 0917-7161005. Free bulk delivery
- Toothbrush at 5 pesos per piece (minimum order of 500 pcs) – contact Abi Portillo at 0917-8898178
- Relief goods - contact Gie of SuySing at 7068866 or 0918-5055430
- Generic medicines and sanitary pad in bulk – John Talamayan at 09178980411 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Environment-friendly containers – contact Paul or Tina 7124492
- Bottled water 35o ml. at 5 per bottle (minimum of 500 bottles) - Call Cecille Baysa (or May) of Zectra Enterprises 911-4708 or 0920-9823028.
- Wholesale prices of medicines from St. Francis Drug Store – G/F St. Francis Square Julia Vargas Ave. cor. Bank Drive Ortigas Center Mandaluyong City (632-1010 loc. 285 & 428; 0916-3612873). Minimum purchase of P3,000 for free delivery within Metro Manila.
- Wholesale food goods – contact Camille 7068819
- Banana leaves at 1.50/pc. (1 bundle=500 pieces, that’s P750) – call Binalot
- Wholesale rice – contact Maria Rice #7 San Rafael St. Capitolyo, Pasig City. Tel Nos. 631-4421/631-4458/ 0917 856 2639
- Tuna and other foodstuff - Allan Cabral Espino 09175236627
- Paper boxes – Tope Tan at 2410805
- GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) will donate relief goods for Ondoy victims – Text this number for any medicine needed 0917.894.4624.