Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Hey there lonely girl

I was perusing the list of links on this blog a while ago and clicked on "Marketing to Women Online," which I hadn't visited for quite a while. Here's what I saw:



Profound Truths About Women

Have you ever been in a conversation with someone - and they say something so profound, so dead-on, something that touches you in your core - that you stop what you're doing and just stand there with a stupid look on your face?

That's exactly what happened to me the other day. I was riding in the car talking to my sister. We were discussing why so many more women today have children without a traditional family. They make the decision - I want a child - I want to be a mother - whether there is a husband or guy at all. Often times, there isn't. Modern technology makes is easier with sperm banks and other options for women to say "I'm not going to miss this - I want to experience motherhood" no matter what their relationship status.

I was just curious as to the motivation - what drives these women to make this choice? To bring children into their world?

My sister thought for second and said, "I think it's because so many women feel alone in the world."

Wow - I almost couldn't speak - I felt this phrase so powerfully in my solar plexus.

"so many women feel alone in the world."

It was one of those profound truths that just knocks you flat. Perhaps because I felt it personally, but also because I think I tapped into some universal pain.


Read the rest at Marketing to Women Online

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...