Sunday, July 17, 2011

Loving the 'popcorn'

"Popcorn" was how it was called -- the crackling sound one heard when playing a vinyl record no matter how new (or newly cleaned) it was. But of course the more cleaning a record needed, the noisier it usually was.

I got a kick out of playing a video over and over through dinner tonight. My mom seemed to enjoy it, too, since the song was from the 1950s and she was quite familiar with it. That was the time of turntables and record needles -- and popcorn.

As if to really get into the yesteryear mood, I was using my small notebook to play the video -- hence, producing a "transistor radio-like" sound quality and making the whole experience more realistic.

Here's Frank Sinatra's "Young at heart" from 1954 --


2 comments:

petrufied said...

i love this song!!! <3

ganyan pala ang popcorn hahah

Ishmael F. Ahab said...

The popcorn that I like is yung kinakain na popcorn. :-P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...