Thursday, January 28, 2010

Tee-hee!

Saw this at The Common Room:

"I'm happy to own up to the fact that it's all somebody else's fault..."

This just happened to catch my funny meter just right this morning. After sort of kind of almost appearing to acknowledge that Candidate Obama made transparency promises that President Obama didn't keep, the President hastens to add a version of 'let me be perfectly clear*':

“Let's just clarify. I didn't make a bunch of deals,” Obama told ABC. “There is a legislative process that is taking place in Congress and I am happy to own up to the fact that I have not changed Congress and how it operates the way I would have liked.”

* I hope we all now realize that any variation of 'let me be perfectly clear' is a verbal tic of the President's which means a lie will follow.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...