Saturday, March 24, 2007

Some eye candy

Lately, when I take a few minutes' break from work, I get away from the computer (as that's where I normally do my work). There's something "dehumanizing" (I'm sure there's a better word but I'll leave the search to you) about staring at a screen for hours at a time. So there are times when I abhor this machine -- more when I realize that I've come to depend on it for so much. And then I come across nice stuff like the following, and I feel so fortunate for having this tool to see and appreciate the fruits of artists' creativity (and entrepreneurs' resourcefulness).



Can you believe this is a bathroom? It's from an apartment somewhere in Montreal. The owners put their artistry to work and this is the result (the other rooms are pretty nice, too). According to Design*Sponge , where I saw the blog post featuring this bathroom, the owners are now selling the place!!

This one is called the Blooms Bracelet, and you can see it plus more felted accessories, bags, home decor pieces, even boots, and tips on felting (not sure what that is but it's got something to do with knitting) at Pick Up Sticks!

There are more but my computer is taking a reeeally long time to load. Maybe i'll just add them tomorrow. Anyway, it's these handmade soapsicles by Soapylove that I really get a kick out of. They sure look edible!

2 comments:

HLiza said...

Hi Sunnuday..sorry I wasn't blogreading much lately! What..that's a soapsicle? I wanted to gobble them up already!

sunnyday said...

Don't worry. There wasn't much to read here anyway in the past couple of weeks as I had been busy. I'll go pass by your blog... =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...