Thursday, September 07, 2006

Moms (and Dads) to the rescue

Thank God for parents like these, hope is more apparent!



One of last week's posts featured some material about the sexualizing of children which a lot of marketing people are unabashedly carrying out. It's like it has become their mission in life based on the way 8- and 10-year-old girls (not just teenagers now) are appearing in ads, made up and dressed to look like streetwalkers. And some real-life girls are actually aping this sort of stuff. Where are their parents??

But we do what we can. Moms and Dads for Modesty (I read somewhere about Dads, too, voicing out their concern about the situation involving their little girls) is one great initiative by Everyday Mommy.

Moms for Modesty Mission Statement

As a Mom for Modesty I believe in common-sense modesty for girls and young women.

I believe in refraining from sexualizing our girls and young women.

I believe that it is unwise and unfair to taunt boys and young men by permitting my daughter(s) to dress in an immodest manner.

I believe that true beauty comes from within and I strive to teach my daughter(s) this truth.

I will loyally shop at retailers that provide girls' and young women’s clothing that is modest, affordable and stylish.


Drop by Everyday Mommy and sign up. Or read up. But don't pass up.

Then check out this related post at Mommy Life -- talk about food for thought!


* Thanks to Mommy Life for bringing this to our attention.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...