Sunday, August 06, 2006

I like what she said

From Independent Women's Forum:


Women’s Mag Watch

If you needed a reason to like Kate Hudson, the August issue of Allure is happy to provide one (from page 212):

(This is in response to Kate’s controversial statement in a men’s magazine that “men have to feel like men”)

‘“I actually had some woman come up to me while I was getting a coffee, and I guess she was kind of upset that I’d said it. I was really shocked by her forwardness, but I appreciated her honesty. She said, ‘I’d think, given the generation your mother comes from, that you’d be way more feminist.’ So I said, ‘There’s nothing more feminine than knowing how to allow a man to feel like a man.’”


This sure reminds me of the commencement address titled "New Feminism" by Dr. Harvey Mansfield, professor of government at Harvard University, part of which I posted here not long ago.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...