Monday, September 26, 2005

Pep talk from kids

This book is by no means a newly published one, but the time element makes no difference. It contains timeless advice from kids, which -- if taken well -- will show how crucial it really is to see some things from the eyes of a child. That's simplicity for you.

Here's an excerpt:

Advice for a Happy Marriage: From Miss Dietz's Third-Grade Class
By Debi Dietz Crawford and friends


When I told my third-grade class that I was getting married, I wondered how they would take the news. They were happy, then quickly went back about their business. I didn't think it would make much of an impact—my only worry was how they would handle a week with a substitute teacher when I took my honeymoon.

I needn't have worried. While I was away, my class spent their time scheming with their substitute, Sue Theile, and my partner teacher, Sue Johnson, to create my most cherished wedding gift: ADVICE FOR A HAPPY MARRIAGE. Once they heard Ms. Theile's idea, my students raced to impart all of their advice for our marital future. All of their hopes and dreams of marriage, combined with advice that their eight or nine years of careful observance of their parents' marriages spilled out as fast as their pencils could write.


P.S.
Editorial Review from Amazon.com

The author's third-grade class wrote her these homilies of lasting love while she was away on her honeymoon. Here, along with the children's crayon drawings, are dozens of serious and not-too-serious suggestions: "Mostly say yes," "When your husband's grumpy, give him some coffee," and the memorable "Try to have triplets. One child is too few."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...