Friday, May 26, 2006

Lightweight hodgepodge

A change of pace and tone now...



My occasional visit to Cute Overload yielded a discovery of this cute photo of a cute puppy (archived in the "pups" category). The little canine looks very familiar, and I remember posting pictures of adorable four-legged creatures not long ago, one of which featured a pup with an injured leg. This is the same pup! Good to see the leg has healed...


Then there's Manolo's Shoe Blog -- a pitstop like no other. Check it out for yourself. On my last visit, I clicked on a link and found this witty piece about flip-flops. Wonderful writing -- laugh-out-loud in some parts, too. Before recommending the link to a friend, I asked him what he thought of the ubiquitous footwear; "flip-flops? what's that?" was the reply. "Frankly, they're tsinelas (slippers)," I said. "Even with the catchy name, the sequins, cutie-cutie colors and other stylized versions, they're still basically tsinelas, like the ones Spartan used to make," I said.


If you've never been a whiz at crafts, like me you can simply marvel at the creativity and imagination of those who are into this kind of art. I've yet to try my hand at sponge art, knitting and other such pursuits; for now, though, I get a nice kind of high from making the rounds of art blogs and sites such as Loobylu (by an illustrator and toy maker from Australia), and My little mochi (blogger blogs from Hawaii). By the way, Loobylu recently started another interesting blog called Kiddley: Everyday ideas for you and your kids.

I've also started checking out Design spotter more often, another great source of inspiration for me.

That's it for today, and probably for the rest of the weekend.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...